Code of Conduct
- I commit to making my participation in our Club a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
- I commit to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy club. I will provide and defend a safe environment for all Members and participants during all Club Activities.
- I am aware that the consumption of alcoholic beverages affects my perception and reactions. If I consume alcohol as part of a Club Activity, I will do so responsibly, and in accordance with the law and rules set out by the Executive/hosts.
- I will not willfully misrepresent any food or beverage I share as part of any Club Activity with respect to safety or purity (e.g. alcohol content, allergens, cannabinoids).
Examples of behaviour that contributes to a positive environment for Members includes:
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Being respectful to our hosts, help keep their environment clean, avoiding restricted spaces and not disturbing production.
- Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback
- Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience
- Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the Club overall
Examples of unacceptable behaviour include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind
- Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
Code of Conduct complaints should be reported to a member of the Club Executive, who will bring it to the Club President. A Code of Conduct investigation will be undertaken, and based on the results of that investigation, appropriate action will be determined.
Anonymous complaints are accepted with the understanding that direct follow up will not be possible, and the ability to conduct an investigation may be affected. Anonymous complaints can be submitted via our Anonymous contact form here. Any complaints will be treated confidentially.
The Club’s Code of Conduct is continually open to feedback for improvement. Please contact the Club President with any such feedback.